Playing Parx today? Check out today’s piece by Andrew Rdesinski
Follow him on Twitter at : Phillyboy415
Parx Racing 8/30/21
Top Pick plays for Monday August 30th, 2021
All selections were made prior to the release of scratches, if any top pick is scratched I will update picks on my twitter
Race 1: #3 Kit Kat Katie
- Kit Kat Katie returns to Parx after trying Delaware and Penn National in the last 3 starts. Her Parx stats are solid and this race seems to be a good fit for her. She will be close to the lead if not on it, and I think the track should be still somewhat biased to front runners as it usually is at Parx. Ness and Silvera are always a trustworthy selection.
Race 2: #2 Connoisseur
- Connoisseur looks to be back in the right type of level for her ability. Now in the Padilla-Preciado barn, I think this horse will improve a decent amount. I also think this horse wants two turns which she gets again today. She has had 2 seconds going two turns and both were in similar levels as today. She also gets an upgrade in jockey from Pedro Requena to Giraldo Milan which I think will also benefit her. She should be a decent price and I think she has a shot.
Race 3: #3 Synergized
- Synergized is going to be the lone speed here and he is dropping in from a Claiming 12,500 to a Claiming 5000 race. Dexter Haddock has been aggressive on this horse out of the gate in each start he has ridden this horse which makes me think the early lead won’t be hard to get. Lou Linder has been having a really good meet and so has Dexter and I expect another win here today.
Race 4: #7 Ms Canela
- This race is really bad and I don’t think any of these horses truly stand out to me but I think the #7 Ms Canela will be live at a solid price. Luis Rivera has been riding very well this year and this horse has gotten some bad trips in prior races. I think Luis will have this horse in a better spot today and the 2 speed horses seem to fade easily down the stretch which should set up for Ms Canela to come off the pace. I think if she is sitting about 3rd or 4th going into the turn for home, she has a real shot at winning.
Race 5: #10 Creative Love
- Creative Love should be tough in this spot 2nd off the layoff now that the races today have came off the turf. Mosco and Laprida have only hooked up a handful of times but when they do, they win. This horse won’t keep her value but she should have a huge chance now that she gets to feel the whip again and returns to Parx and also has a race under her belt since the layoff. I think she preferred dirt anyway and the turf races coming off only helps her cause.
Race 6: #7 Noble Endeavor
- Noble Endeavor should get the perfect setup here today. There are a handful of horses looking to go to the front today and this horse doesn’t mind sitting just off these pace setters. This will be his 3rd race as a 4yo and 3rd off the layoff which should only help this horse’s stamina and ability. As a 4yo this horse has really found himself and I think with the way the race today shapes up, Frankie should just have to hold on for the win.
Race 7: #4 Galileo’s Affair
- Galileo’s Affair should be able to improve going back to a fast track here today. She returns to the bottom level today and she won at this level back in June. She is coming off one of her best races in the past 2 years and Anthony Nunez keeps the call today after a close 2nd in the slop at Penn National. If Nunez can keep her closer today she should win.
Race 8: #10 Diamond Setter
- Jamie Ness brings this horse back to Parx for the same level that he was claimed for two races ago. Ness decided to take this horse to Pimlico for an open 8k claiming race during the 19 day break at Parx and the horse ran a solid 3rd. However, I think this horse prefers Parx and shipping back home should benefit him. Ruben Silvera gets the call today and that is always a good sign. The pace lined up today will be strong and I think Diamond Setter will have a solid pace to run into.
Race 9: #4 Thundershook
- Thundershook is in really good form right now for Jamie Ness and returns to Parx and drops slightly in class. This horse prefers Parx and also just won a Handicap race last time here. His career best beyer number was also in that handicap race and it shows that Parx is the preferred surface. Ruben Silvera rides this one and I think Ruben will have this horse in the right spot all the way around the dirt oval.
Race 10: #7 Green Growth
- Green Growth should be the only horse in the front today and Courtney Giraldo has been really solid with early speed horses. The last time she faced this level she was caught late and finished 2nd. With the way the track has been favoring early speed and with also no other speed in this race besides her horse, I think Courtney will have more in the tank with Green Growth today.