Playing Parx today? Check out today’s piece by Andrew Rdesinski
Follow him on Twitter at : Phillyboy415
Parx Racing 9/13/21
Parx Full Card Plays for Monday September 13th, 2021
Race 1: #4 Everybody’s Pal
- Everybody’s Pal is coming back to Parx after a try at Monmouth during the August break here at Parx. She is coming back to Parx off her career high beyer figure, and should run better with the whip today. This maiden 10K is not that good as expected so I think this horse will be on the of the best options in this field.
Race 2: #4 Flatexcel
- Jamie Ness might have finally gotten Flatexcel over the hump last time out at Penn National. He is a need the lead type of horse, and today there is a ton of early pace but I think that Flatexcel is the best of that speed. Ruben Silvera takes the mount here today and this duo has been colder than normal lately but today is a new day and they are still the best Jockey/Trainer combo in the circuit.
Race 3: #6 Uptown Shoes
- Uptown Shoes is the only first time starter in this weak field. Dee Curry is 1 for 6 first time out over the past 365 days. This gelding has very consistent works and is out of Uptowncharlybrown which is a very good PA sire. Luis Rivera who has been riding the best races in his career is taking the call here for this first timer which is something I like. This horse should be ready to go first time out.
Race 4: #2 The Robert
- The Robert should benefit the most off the class drop. This horse is dropping to the bottom level and the bottom condition available for him. These connections are always looking to win and this move is favoring their hunger to win. He is 0 for 11 this year but those races were all in classes way above his level. Today could be the day he wins off the drop.
Race 5: #4 Diesel
- Diesel should bounce back after a poor effort like he usually does. Last time out was by far his worst effort of his career. Both the top two finishers that race have come back to win recently which shows just how good that race was. I think this race Lupe Guerrero will have this horse in better form and Luis Rivera will get this horse out of the gate quickly. The slight cutback of 70 yards should only help as well.
Race 6: #2 Hockey Puck
- Hockey Puck has been in the best form of his career as of late. You can excuse the last effort as it was on the wet going which he hates. The flat Mile distance should be a perfect fit for him today. There is a lot of early speed that typically doesn’t get the distance today which should set up for the a pace collapse. Hockey Puck will be pressing early and should be able to get the right set up.
Race 7: #9 Passport
- Passport has been really good on the turf this year and is coming off a win and career high beyer. There is a good amount of early speed lined up here today which will be perfect for Passport. Passport has been coming from the clouds and now that the turf course is finally dried out, it should be more fair than usual.
Race 8: #7 Inspired Options
- Inspired Options bounced last time out, off of two very impressive wins. It was also over a sloppy course that day which he does not like. Today he will get a fast track on a beautiful day and should return to good form. Should be the horse to beat and I would single in all horizontal wagering.
Race 9: #6 Chateau
- Chateau should be tough to catch today as Kendrick Carmouche should be able to send this horse straight to the lead and be able to go gate to wire. Kendrick has won on this horse twice including a Grade 3 win in New York earlier this spring. I think the layoff will help him as he has gotten a good amount of rest and this is a good spot for a return.
Race 10: #9 El Dulzura
- In the finale, I will be taking a small shot with the #9 El Dulzura. This horse is now in the Miguel Penaloza barn after leaving the Rolando Lima barn last time out. Lima it seems has transitioned into ownership as he has gotten older and still owns this horse but has given this horse to Penaloza to train. I think Penaloza most likely has given this horse better training and more investment of his time than Lima could which makes this horse playable today. This horse has been knocking on the door lately and also slightly drops in class. Should expect better today out of him.