Playing Parx today? Check out today’s piece by Andrew Rdesinski
Follow him on Twitter at : Phillyboy415
Parx Racing 8/31/21
TOP PICK PLAYS FOR PARX TUESDAY AUGUST 31ST.
THESE SELECTIONS ARE MADE PRIOR TO SCRATCHES BEING RELEASED, ALL SCRATCHED HORSES WILL BE REPLACED VIA MY TWITTER
Race 1: #3 Barn Queen
- Barn Queen is by far the class of this very weak maiden 10k claiming field for the girls. This horse has only once ran at this level and was a game 2nd in which she had to weave through traffic late. Today she should get a much cleaner trip and with a very weak pace scenario, hopefully Jorge Gonzalez will have her much closer today. If she is anywhere within 4-5 lengths going into the far turn, she should be able to run them down late. Should be chalky but should be a winner to start the card.
Race 2: #4 Going Going Gone
- Going Going Gone should be the lone speed here with Silvestre Gonzalez. This would typically be a horse I would play against as this horse had decent form at Penn National but not at Parx. However, with this horse if you look at the form, all the Parx races were races way over her class level, and the Penn National race was a huge drop. Today she returns to Parx against a very bland field, and is in her condition. Silvestre should be able to break out on top and if she has enough in the tank, go gate to wire today.
Race 3: #3 Eddie’s Charge
- Eddie’s Charge should be able to improve in this spot. This field isn’t the toughest of OC fields at Parx in recent weeks, but there is a couple question marks on a couple horses in this bunch. The only horse I think that has shown consistency, if this one. Angel Castillo has been on this horse every start since this horse dropped out of MSW company and into MCL company. This horse just needs a clean trip and be able to be closer today. Hopefully, Angel can do just that because the horse is trying in each start but is just getting troubled trip after troubled trip.
Race 4: #8 Yellowstone Girl
- Yellowstone Girl I think will get the lead early today even with some speed inside of her closer to the rail. Anthony Salgado and Freddy Velazquez have been linking up recently, and also getting their picture taken a lot recently in those combined efforts. This horse has ran 2 times since leaving Florida and both races since that layoff have came at Monmouth where she has given up the lead or not gotten the lead in each start. She seemed to not be totally fit in those starts and 3rd off the layoff and at Parx and at her preferred class level, leaves me to think and hope that this will be the spot she wins in.
Race 5: #4 Sophos
- Sophos is now in the Mike Pino barn as he was claimed for $12,500 last time out in a race in which he earned his career best beyer. However, Pino has dropped this horse to the bottom level for N2L and either that can mean he is looking to win or to lose the horse or maybe both. I don’t like much in the race besides this horse basically due to the Pino 1st off the claim angle in which he is 26%. Hopefully the 3 expected pace setters are going to duel and set this up for Sophos.
Race 6: #3 Donzi
- Donzi is what I believe to be Josue Arce’s first horse ever to be claimed for him. Arce just got his training license recently, used to be a jockey for quite some time here and has transitioned into training. Dexter Haddock gets the call here today and this horse is in a great spot off the claim. I know Josue Arce is looking to win his first race as a trainer so I think today is going to be the day. Might even be my best bet today.
Race 7: #7 Rules
- Rules might not actually run here but with the possibility of tomorrow being cancelled due to the storms we are supposed to have, I think the connections might just run here. Rules seems to be the speed of the speed even if it seems to be the cheapest of the speed here. Pedro Mercedes is firing right now in these claiming races with limited horses and I like this spot today. The spot for this horse is a tad aggressive but the horse has been running well enough to try and jump up a class level. Geraldo Milan will just need to keep the horse interested on the lead and hopefully no one duels with Rules today.
Race 8: #6 Love in Her Eyes
- Love in Her Eyes will get the perfect set up today. Jamie Rodriguez comes in today from Delaware to ride this horse for Jamie Ness as Jamie Ness has Ruben Silvera riding for him in the VA derby at Colonial today. This horse just won an OC50K race at 7F last time out. The two Delaware park races prior to that Jamie Rodriguez rode this horse so he should be familiar with her run style. This horse loves Parx and there is a ton of speed early on for her to run at. I think she should be making winning strides turning for home and could win by 3-4 lengths when it’s all said and done.
Race 9 Parx Dash G3: #6 The Critical Way
- The Critical Way might be the best turf sprinter in the mid atlantic right now in my opinion. This PA bred 7yo gelding is hitting his best strides as a 7yo. His last two races have been easy wins at Monmouth without a whip and gets the whip today and tries G3 company. He has ran well against tougher fields than this and should be the quickest horse out of the gate today. Paco Lopez comes to ride this horse and Paco has been damn near perfect when shipping in to ride at Parx this year. This horse will be tough and god forbid they let this horse get a loose lead.
Race 10: #6 Solemn Oath
- Solemn Oath is a horse I had as a spot play in her most recent start. She finished a game 2nd in that race and returns today for the same level with Frankie Pennington once again. I think the experience over the Parx turf course is key here and Solis and Frankie are 2 for 6 when linking up this year with at least one 2nd being this horse last time out. That last race was also a career high beyer for her and I doubt you see anywhere close to 8/1 like last time on this horse today.