Playing Parx today? Check out today’s piece by Andrew Rdesinski
Follow him on Twitter at : Phillyboy415
Parx Racing 9/7/21
Parx FULL CARD top pick selections
These selections were made prior to scratches and track conditions
Race 1: #6 Our Uptown Girl
- Our Uptown Girl has had some solid workouts coming into her first start for the Ed Coletti Jr. barn. This 2yo filly out of Uptowncharlybrown which has had a ton of solid PA Breds over the past few years. Anthony Nunez is on the better of the two Coletti horses in this field. I think this filly will be quick out of the gate and there isn’t much in this MSW field to start the Parx card.
Race 2: #6 Powerful Alley
- Powerful Alley had two great starts recently and those two parx starts led to him going on the shelf. I figure, the connections wanted to give this horse a break as he won twice for them since bringing the horse to Parx. They switch jockeys to Julio Correa which are 2/6 when linking up together. I think this gelding goes gate to wire here for his 3rd straight win and to stay undefeated on the Parx surface.
Race 3: #6 Mrs. Crews
- Mrs. Crews won for me two weeks ago in this same level. Haleem Lee had this horse ready to roll last time out and now with more time in his barn I think she will improve even more. Mrs. Crews has run every good race of her career as of late in the Haleem Lee barn. She could go gate to wire again today as well.
Race 4: #10 Dancing till Dusk
- Dancing Till Dusk is shipping from Pimlico and off a win at Pimlico I might add. The turf should be good if they run on it and this horse likes a little bit of moisture in the grass which will help her as well. She can be close to the pace or sit way off which gives her multiple ways to race today. Overall I think if it stays on the turf this is the horse to beat.
Race 5: #1 Hard West
- Josue Arce is still looking for his first training win and I think this horse will be the one. This horse is dropping in class a ton and gets Dexter Haddock. Off class alone, this horse will be on the lead early looking to win as just simply the best horse. This will be the cheapest level for this horse since coming to Parx from Tampa. I think this is the right level and this horse should be tough today.
Race 6: #6 Anginetti
- Anginetti drops all the way down to a Beaten 7500 and Freddy Velazquez switches to Anthony Salgado here which he has been really good with lately. There is going to be a slightly sharp early pace picture here which could lead to a set up for Anginetti from the back of the pack.
Race 7: #7 Pettigo Girl
- Petitgo Girl ships in from Ellis Park and goes to the Penny Pearce barn here today. I think this horse should like the way Parx is structured to be honest. Abner Adorno gets the call here today and usually he rides the good horses in the Pearce barn. I like the way this horse will break out on top today and I think this race may be over at the start of this race.
Race 8: #1 Ghost Hunter
- Ghost Hunter looks for 3 in a row for Jamie Ness. Ghost Hunter is looking at a huge resurgence in his career as of late. I think Ruben Silvera will only help improve this horse more and I can see Jamie Ness winning this race with ease.
Race 9: #7 American Roma
- John Kirby has been on fire this summer and if Paco Lopez is riding this horse for Kirby it usually means the horse is live. This horse is also dropping in class and should be close to the lead today. I think Paco will be in a good position to have this horse win today.
Race 10: #2 Fine One Won
- Fine One Won should go gate to wire here. This horse is the best horse in form in the field. Ruben Silvera might have 4-5 wins today after this one for Howard Brown. This horse is also dropping in class which means they are looking for a win in my opinion in this spot.