Playing Parx today? Check out today’s piece by Andrew Rdesinski
Follow him on Twitter at : Phillyboy415
Parx Racing 10/6/21
Parx FULL CARD plays for Wednesday 10/6/21
Race 1: #6 Russian Runner
- Russian Runner ran very well last time out for Jose Santaella- Calderon who has had a very solid past two months training. There will be some leftover moisture in the track from yesterdays on and off rain, which will only help this maiden. If Luis Villanueva can give this horse a cleaner trip than last time out, this horse should win.
Race 2: #1 Sharon’s Law
- Sharon’s Law is definitely going to be a long shot here but if you look at her dirt form back at Tampa and she fits. She has been pointed to turf races since joining the Whylie barn. Today they try dirt again and I think with Dexter Haddock, she will improve a ton. Today could be the day she wins and she could be a huge price. Only flaw is the class in this field. She will need to be able to move up in class a tad in order to compete.
Race 3: #4 What About Tonight
- What About Tonight is in the best form in here to me and I think Dexter Haddock might have a big day today. This mare drops back in for 5000 today after just missing at 8000 last time out. She does tend to hang late but I think Dexter found that out last time out and now with the class relief and Dexter having some added experience with this mare now, should help improve this horse who only needs a tad bit of improvement in order to win.
Race 4: #7 Charlies Safari
- Charlies Safari is an MTO in this field and will run as they are off the turf today. I will be interested to see which horse Kendrick Carmouche decides to ride as I hope it is this one. This horse in decent form and this field isn’t anything special when it comes to dirt form and I think that helps him today. Should be tough.
Race 5: #7 Flight Risk
- Flight Risk might win this race by a lap and at 1/9 but this horse is much the best in here. Ruben Silvera and Jamie Ness in a 7 horse field where the field hasn’t hit the board more than 6 times combined this whole year. Flight Risk is 3 for 6 in the money alone this year which just proves how much more in form this horse is compared to his opponents in this field.
Race 6: #7 Miss Dillingham
- Miss Dillingham should get a perfect pace set up today. Pino claimed this horse two races ago for 10k and then tried this horse in a Starter Allowance race first off the claim and she finished a strong 3rd and now drops back in for a tag but still higher than the price he was claimed by Pino for. Pino is wanting a win here and the pace could collapse as 3 or 4 horses should be hard sent early. Only 6 horses in the field after scratches and I think Luis Rivera will be rolling late with this horse.
Race 7: #7 Hara
- I was a fan of Hara last time out but didn’t expect such a dominate performance. Salgado and Velazquez have been on fire since about June. I think this horse loved the Parx surface and should keep up the dominance today. Hopefully she doesn’t bounce.
Race 8: #8 Jokemeister
- Jokemeister is an interesting 2yo here. Practical Joke babies have been running very well so far and I think this one could be another one. Mike Catalano isn’t the best with 2yos but this horse has breeding, good odds, and Silvestre Gonzalez who is pretty solid on baby horses. Should be live at a price.
Race 9: #7 Sneakiness
- Sneakiness was claimed two races ago by Miguel Penaloza off of Jose Delgado. First off the claim, this gelding just missed and lost by a neck at Monmouth. Today Penaloza has this horse debuting at Parx. Dexter Haddock went to Jersey to ride this horse last time out and now gets the whip and rides him at Parx which should help this horse finish late. I think today he will be tough.
Race 10: #6 Factum Love Style
- This horse was rolling late after being really far back and probably was one of the best horses in that race. If he can be closer today on the dirt, he could spark an upset. I know the horse is in good form and tries but I think he is finally putting it all together and could be tough. Only problem is, I think he prefers turf and not dirt, so it will be tough to see if he likes the surface today.