Playing Parx today? Check out today’s piece by Andrew Rdesinski
Follow him on Twitter at : Phillyboy415
Parx Racing 9/15/21
Parx Full Card Plays for Wednesday 9/15/21
Race 1: #2 Bow Town Cat
- Bow Town Cat should get a great set up here as there is about 3 horses that should be dueling on the lead. If Abner Adorno can sit 3rd or 4th on this horse and make his move on the turn, it will be hard to stop this horse unless the speed holds. This week so far the dirt track has been fair in my opinion which should lead to a possible good trip for this #2 Bow Town Cat.
Race 2: #8 New Jersey
- New Jersey never even tried last time out as it was on the sloppy surface which she hates. However, if you go back to her 2 races prior, she was rounding into top form against way tougher competition. She drops in today looking for class relief and she is looking for a win. Luis Rivera has been riding lights out this week and honestly this whole meet, and Mario Dominiguez has a couple of winners himself this week. I think this jockey/trainer combination might find the winners’ circle again here with this one.
Race 3: #7 Blitchton Lady
- Blitchton Lady should improve off the claim and with the bug boy in the irons. This horse just did not fire for Scott Lake last time out off the drop but was claimed by Jorge Diaz and is back in for the same level. However today they go with the apprentice who just arrived to Parx this week in Thiago Canuto. Canuto was riding a lot in the midwest in states like Ohio and Kentucky before coming east for more opportunities. This horse should be loose on the lead and if the apprentice can get her comfortable on the lead, this race may be a run away.
Race 4: #5 Our West Indy
- Our West Indy should be on the lead by herself with Dexter Haddock in the irons. Last time out the connections tried this horse way above her head and today she is back facing more equal rivals. Dexter Haddock also gets the call today instead of Geraldo Milan which in my eyes is a jockey upgrade. I think also, Haddock being on this horse this time shows to me that this horse is ready to win now, instead of last time out. If Haddock gets out in front early, this race may be over early as well.
Race 5: #2 Ardean
- Ardean did not take to the wet surface in her debut. However, she did run better than the other horses coming out of that race and into this race. She came back to training prior to today’s race and worked a bullet work exactly a week ago from the gate. This means she should improve overall today. I think Laprida will give her a good trip and I think today she can find the winner’s circle.
Race 6: #4 My Amanjena
- My Amanjena tried his hardest last time out to get by the eventual winner but just couldn’t get the job done. Today he gets a tad bit longer in distance that should only help his cause. I think this field might even be easier today and that should result in a winning trip.
Race 7: #7 Mt Suribachi
- Mt Suribachi has been one of my top picks in his last 3 races. He should have won all 3 races but was caught late 2 back. 7 ½ Furlongs should actually be just as a good of a fit as 1M 70Y on the turf for him, so I really like the cut back in distance today. Dexter Haddock keeps the mount and this horse is in the best form in the field. Should be tough and game once again today.
Race 8: #2 Long May You Run
- Long May You Run is looking for two in a row today. This 10yo is a fighter. Out of the 74 career lifetime starts, he has only finished off the board, 30 times. Ruben Silvera should be on the lead with this horse after the horse directly outside of him scratched. If Ruben can get the lead this horse should be able to get comfortable and open up down the stretch even at his old age.
Race 9: #7 Saint Marco
- Saint Marco has been knocking on the door in each turf start this year. Kendrick Carmouche gets the call today and that should help improve this horse. This turf course is pretty fair lately and this race is wide open. I think this horse has the best turf form of the group and should be tough down the lane. Hopefully, Kendrick puts this horse in a good spot and makes him confident and ready to win down the stretch.
Race 10: #5 E T’s Super Star
- I am closing out today with a top pick of mine that I have yet to give up on. E T’s Super Star is finally dropping in for a tag and into a level he belongs in. This horse was not competing in MSW company but is a solid cheap horse. I think this might be the day he breaks his maiden and might even get claimed.