Playing Parx today? Check out today’s piece by Andrew Rdesinski
Follow him on Twitter at : Phillyboy415
Parx Racing 9/8/21
Parx Full Card Top Pick Selections for 9/8/21
Race 1: #1 Petitgo Girl
- Petitgo Girl ships in from Ellis Park and goes to the Penny Pearce barn here today. I think this horse should like the way Parx is structured to be honest. Abner Adorno gets the call here today and usually he rides the good horses in the Pearce barn. I like the way this horse will break out on top today and I think this race may be over at the start of this race.
Race 2: #3 Brazen
- #3 Brazen should go to the lead here today and Vargas should have more horse under him today as this is the 2nd race off a long layoff. Brazen likes the Parx surface but has yet to get a clean early lead. I don’t see any other horse in here as quick out of the gate as Brazen so today Jorge Vargas Jr. should be able to get an easy lead and have some left in the tank turning for home.
Race 3: #6 Summary Judgement
- I loved Summary Judgement in her debut but she failed to show up and actually stopped pretty abruptly which I didn’t like. However, that was on a sloppy surface and today she will be running on a fast track. I think that previous race was just for experience and today she will really show up. She has good breeding and Silvestre Gonzalez sticks with her.
Race 4: #1 Speight
- Speight struggled to find the winner’s circle in his career but he finally did it last time out and gave his best career performance but a mile last time out as well. There shouldn’t be any other pace in this race as well and he should get a similar trip. If this horse can bounce back off that dominant performance then I think this horse could turn into a very good cheap claimer.
Race 5: #3 Li’bito’charm
- This horse should get the trip in this field. The inside horse just won a stake two days ago so she will scratch. This leaves the 2 and 4 to go to the lead and that should allow Dexter Haddock sit just off them and get a perfect trip. I also think form wise, this is the best horse in form in this field. Should be tough to beat.
Race 6: #2 Off the Meds
- Off the Meds was sent to the Jamie Ness barn after the Oaklawn meet and was gelded in that time. Ness has given ample time to this newly gelded 4yo. This is a good spot for him as well and they put Frankie Pennington on this horse. Ness has another in this field and that horse is also good but I like Ness with horses that are running for the first time under his name. This horse was bought for 300K too as a yearling and could have just needed to be gelded in order to run huge.
Race 7: #6 Sizzling Roma
- Sizzling Roma is by far the best in this field. However, this horse has trouble finishing late and would need to put the pieces together 100% in order to win this race. Silvestre Gonzalez gets the call again today after losing by a length last time out against similar. I think todays class is slightly weaker which might be just enough for this horse to win.
Race 8: #6 Almashriq
- Almashriq was claimed from Ellis Park like the horse I like for Penny Pearce in the first race today. Both were claimed by the same owners as well. Kendrick Carmouche is riding this one which I like. This horse was facing tougher in the midwest and Florida and now is coming to a surface he should like. I think Kendrick will also break this horse sharp out of the gate and that will be the deciding factor in if he will win or not today.
Race 9: #10 Lady Magica
- Lady Magica can run on both turf or dirt which I think is beneficial here. Ruben Silvera takes the call on this one and if this horse gets to run on turf today she is by far the best in the field in my opinion. Even on the dirt this horse has potential to be the best one in the field. Ruben should give this horse the perfect trip from the outside post and should be tough to beat today.
Race 10: #8 End All Get All
- End All Get All should return to form today. This horse was undefeated in 3 starts at Parx until last time out which I expected to happen. This horse was in a tough race for the condition and was coming off his career best race. He was due for a bounce. Today after about 5 weeks of time off, he should be ready to go again. He should get a good set up as he should set 3rd or 4th today. All I need Frankie to do is to not get this horse in any trouble.