Race 7: Seagram Cup G3 8.5f (AW)
Feels like we have seen this story recently as four entrants exit the Eclipse G2. Last time we had Skywire grinding down the lane to get up at a nice price. Today we don’t see it that way as Skywire will be too short of a price based off the setup race.
- Best Value: #8 Perfect Tapatino (20-1) With all this speed signed on, this late runner should have a nice setup to run into. Ran competitive TimeForm figures compared to the favorite #2 Mr Ritz around the 90 mark. Not sure where the ceiling on this one is as that turf marathon event was a bust.
- Most Logical: #2 Mr. Ritz (2-1) Hoping the last effort off the 6+ month layoff will do this one some good. Should be forwardly placed and have a bit more stamina this time around, especially with the recent bullet work.
- Exotic Use: #4 Cooler Mike (20-1) Another runner who will be stalking the speeds. Connections could be aiming for a minor placings considering how events turned out against the three logicals (Avie’s Flatter, Skywire, and Mr Ritz).
Race 8: MC $10k 8f (T)
Wide open maiden event with no clear pace setup
- Best Value: #4 Big Matteo (30-1) Looks simply to be a loose leader candidate. In a race where there’s no other strong opinions, we’ll take that edge.
- Most Logical: #5 New Deal (7/2) Gets a drop in class for the third start off the layoff for the three year old. Expect a bit of a step forward considering the debut race back in August 2019 at this distance wins this race.
Race 9: OC $62k 6.5 (AW)
With the favorite being the clear speed, I have to imagine some connections with longer priced horses are going to dead send, knowing that they would never catch #9 O’Keefe if gets loose. However, if they let the favorite sit out on the front end with soft fractions, seems like O’Keefe wins.
- Best Value: #11 Wester Curl (10-1) Has been running some sneaky good races without making it to the winner’s circle. Debut effort off the long layoff was trying to catch the speedy Jean Elizabeth. The race flow played out with many horses maintaining their position (no one faded and no one made up ground). With the race full of speeds, this should setup nicely.
- Most Logical: #7 Avie’s Samurai (4-1) Best figures on paper and should be stalking the speeds as they turn for home. Should show best effort third off the layoff.
- One to watch: #3 Pearl Heist (10-1) Looked to be having a great campaign before being sidelined for almost a year. Interesting to see how this one will perform considering the strong start to the abbreviated campaign.
Race 10: Alw 7f (T)
- Best Value/Best Bet #4 Miracle Silver (20-1) ran way too fast early in the last event to only get passed by in deep stretch. Two back, off a 6 month layoff, tried to tangle with Silent Poet and ran a respectable race with a bit of trouble on the backstretch. The 7f should fit perfectly for this speed and presser type.
- Most Logical: #8 Souper Scat Daddy (3-1) Figures look to be above everyone else in here. The first time gelding is always an angle we support.
- One to Watch: #11 Elektronic (20-1) Linda Rice owned horse was shipped north and switched trainers. Was well thought of this time last year, entering the Quick Call Turf Sprint and running a good one. Might see a form reversal today?
Leave a Reply