Playing Parx today? Check out today’s piece by Andrew Rdesinski
Follow him on Twitter at : Phillyboy415
Parx Racing 7/26/23
Parx Spot Plays + Mandatory Pick 5
Race 1: #1 Five Star Fran
- I am going to take a chance with this one from the rail. 8/1 I doubt we will get but this horse is still going to be on the lead early. The only problem with this horse is that she quits easily. Today she gets the weight break that might help her finish the whole race today in front.
Race 7: #7 Vanishing Faith
- Vanishing Faith had a really good win 3 races ago and then the connections threw this one on the turf which she wanted no part of, and then they sent her to Monmouth which she tried her best but was just not in the right spot. I think this level is back to where she belongs and she should be tough here.
Mandatory Payout Pick 5
Race 8- 12-1-8
– This race should be off the turf as Parx turf does not take kindly to any precipitation and they had to cancel yesterday due to severe storms. Expecting this race to be on the dirt, I am going to the #12 Norlander as my top pick. Butch Reid puts his horses in good spots and this one has been competing against tougher on the dirt. 2 turns is my biggest concern here which is why I am not singling this one. This one has a very high potential of going gate to wire here. #1 Last Dream is going to be sitting off the pace today and should sit the trip on the rail. This horse has had trouble being wide the last couple of races and still hit the board, breaks from the rail today should trip better and is a must use. #8 Lt. Jacknthebox is the class of the bunch and is dropping in level today. Bobby Mosco definitely has no idea what to do with this one anymore but the class relief, and the switch to dirt should be beneficial. Major player here.
Race 9- SINGLE 6
- I think this is the race that you can use the single. I really think the #6 Ebben is a class above this bunch. Undefeated this year and that is due to the fact that he runs at Parx now. Ever since he came here this year, he has been undefeated. I think certain horses just love Parx and this is one of them. I expect this horse being forwardly placed again and should be the one to catch.
Race 10- ALL
- I think this race is way too wide open for us not to use all. Pre changes, this is only a 7 horse field and with a single already in the 2nd leg, this is a good time to go all. This is a bunch of classy and speedy horses for good connections. My top pick would be #6 Baafeed, and that is mainly due to recent form and Scott Lake being in a winning groove. Paco will be Paco all the time but Parx Paco is just a different more efficient version of Paco. Wide open bunch of horses and I think we can get lucky if we go all.
Race 11- 6-5
- #6 I really like Roadtriptonowhere here for Mike Moore and Andy Hernandez. This horse is coming off a big win last time out in a short field but overcoming a stumble at the start. I think this horse is in great form and has more in the tank. Andy Hernandez and Moore hit at 27% so I like them here. #5 Exit Right is one of Jamie Ness’s better horses at Parx right now. Recently however, this horse has been just coming up short at Parx. This one is classy and consistent and this field is definitely a good spot for this one.
Race 12- 9-11-12
- I think all you need to close this out is the 9,11 and or 12. The #9 Runnin Redbird is 100% a dirt horse and that is why she was 10/1 on the ML for this race due to it being scheduled for turf. I think this one will be one of the favorites if switched to dirt as expected. She has class and she can run on dirt and she can get the distance, all three main things you need to win here. #11 A Ring Thing is in for Carlos Soto who recently was sent to this barn after the Tampa meet. She has a ton of speed on dirt or turf and she can compete on either surface. She has a dirt win too which is her career best beyer. #12 Avatal Hero can be on turf or dirt too due to her Tapeta form. She will be forwardly placed and she has the apprentice aboard. I think she has to be used especially being trained by Lupe Preciado.
ALL (7 horses)