Playing Parx today? Check out today’s piece by Andrew Rdesinski
Follow him on Twitter at : Phillyboy415
Parx Racing 3/7/23
Parx Mandatory Pick 5 payout
Race 7: 3-5-6-9-10
- I am spreading in this opening leg. This is a cheap race with a ton of veteran horses who can win on any given day at this level. My top choice would be the #3 Leviosa who is back in the Pino barn after being claimed last time out. Pino claimed this one back immediately and when this horse was in his barn last, she won going gate to wire. I think she is going to be the speed in this field and it will be tough if Pino can get her back in form. I also like a price in this field in the #5 Mrs Crews. Everton Smith can always get a horse to the winners circle and this one did just that two races ago. Look for this one late. Other contenders are horses like #6 Live Aid who is the ML favorite for John Kirby and jockey Paco Lopez who is on fire right now all around the country and always rides great for Kirby. I also like #9 World Gone Wild and #10 Afleet Diva who are both in here with good chances despite the wide posts. Laprida and Silvera ride these horses respectfully and are riding for barns who despite having a small amount of horses, are winning at 19% and 14% respectfully.
Race 8: 4-9
- I only like two horses in this leg. I would have singled the #4 Twisted Ride but there is other speed horses in this field that might end up dueling with this one. If he can get the lead himself, he will be tough to catch and might be the winner. Andy Hernandez and Mike Moore win at 28% out of damn near 100 starters and I think this one is legit. The other horse I think this race can be won by is the #9 Smooth B. Smooth B is one of the classier horses at Parx and is out of the Butch Reid barn. Paco rides this one per usual and this horse should get pace to run into. If the horses duel up front, look for Paco to win coming off the pace.
Race 9: 2-3-8 (if you want to cut the ticket down single the 3)
- This race goes through the #3 Disco Ebo. If she has her A game, she should destroy this field. However, I also like #2 Sweet Willemina for Scott Lake who is a Parx specialist and attracts Kendrick Carmouche down from NY. The one that could spring a small upset in here is the #8 Nurturing for Howard Brown Jr. She has really come into form the last two races and should be tough in this spot, however she could also bounce off that huge victory where she was ridden out through the wire. If you want a cheap ticket, single Disco Ebo but if you are okay with spreading a little here, 2,3,8 are my options.
Race 10: 8
- Look I hate singling a horse that is about to run his 90th career start but Ruby Bleu is one of the best older horses i’ve seen in person. This horse runs his race every time. He loves Parx where out of 72 career races he has 20 wins and 48 total in the money finishes. The track should have a little bit of moisture in it as well which he loves and I think he is the lone speed. The two other horses I thought that could win both scratched.
Race 11: 4-5-7-8-10-11
- Last leg of a mandatory pick 5 payout calls for a spread race. I think 6 horses can win this race. No scratches out of this field either. I think both Haleem Lee entrants here are mighty tough in #7 Get the W and #10 Jump Shot. These horses seem to always run in the same races together and they always run good. Can’t use one and not the other. I also like the #4 Easy Day for Scott Lake and Frankie Pennington. His last two efforts make him very competitive in this field and I expect something similar today. #5 Screen Saver is for Jamie Ness and as usual gets Ruben Silvera. The horse that beat this one last time out came back to win again. His numbers are a little lighter than the others in the field but its Ness and Silvera, gotta use. I like the #8 Cajun Lover off the claim for Danny Velazquez. Danny is usually good off the claim despite his 7% number for the past year, The last two months his barn has caught fire on racedays and he has seen the winners circle quite often. Danny also got a bullet work out of this horse 6 days ago going 3F in 35 and 1. Mychel Sanchez gets the mount after winning two in a row on this horse. Last but not least the #11 Nick the Cardshark can also win. Jamie Bravo Estrada has turned this horse’s form around slightly since being added to his barn. Adorno gets the call here and I think if he can overcome the bad post, he has a shot in this field. Wide open race to end the sequence.
My ticket is
IF you want to cheapen the ticket and single the 3 in race 9 the ticket becomes