Race 5: Clm$25k n2L 8.5f (T)
Two speed balls in here that will draw some money. Looking for a horse just off that pace.
- Most Logical: #5 Whata Perfect Day (5-1 & bet 1.0 units) This horse fits the pace scenario perfectly. Will be in the second flight and tip out late in the lane. After reviewing the replays, this one is a grinder and doesn’t have a quicken so don’t panic in the middle of the turn. The past several starts have been against the pace flow. Tampa’s long stretch should will help this grinder close late. Value line is at 4-1.
- Trip Note: 10/14/20: Ran wide, couldn’t quicken into 2 turn, started grinding down lane against a bit of a pace flow.
- Trip note: 9/16/20: inside trip and tipped out down the lane, no pace to run into, against the flow.
- Next Best: #6 Mecha Corta (3-1) Simple approach with the first time gelding and superior figures. The inside speeds have me concerned the trip will be wide and too forwardly placed. Value line is at 3-1.
- Consideration: #2 Danceronthebeach (7/2) Last out ran very inefficiently in the early parts of the races. If can settle and show a better ability to carry speed down the backstretch, could be interesting. Value line is 5-1 after this layoff.
Race 6: Mdn $26k 6f
First time starters take over the inside rail posts.
- Most Logical: #7 Thrown for a Loupe (3-1 & 2.0 units) The wide draw should play well for this one. The last start, got demolished out of the gate and had to drop almost a dozen lengths off the lead. Made a huge move into the race but was too much against the pace flow. Today will get to utilize the speed of this one stalking any front speeds, spot the field, and watch the pace flow unfold.
- Trip Note: 11/15/20 Bumped for 3 starts at jump then pinched at start, settled 1/16 out of gate, started pulling and can’t stalk, made a move into turn, against pace flow, gained ground, bad trip, more left here.
Race 7: Clm $25k n2L 8.5f (T)
Tough to sort out bunch with many coming out of the maiden ranks (don’t trust any of them).
- Most Logical: #1 Mahkato (8-1 & bet 0.5 units) Has the best class in the bunch facing winners. With the pace scenario projected to be fast up front, this inside post draw should help this stalker get the win. Last out was pushed in tight early and was then rank. Today should get a great pocket to sit as many in here are speed and fade types.