Race 8: OC $40k 6.5f (AW)
- Most Logical: #2 Keep on Truckin (4-1) Simple approach with this runner looking to be the best of speed. Last out was a bit short and the workout tab indicates there’s more left in the tank. Was well bet coming off almost a two year layoff. Expect will be bet down again. Value line stands at 9/5.
- Best Value: #6 Nashtrick (6-1) Has been running against the pace and facing tougher the past three races after being claimed. Kimura gets aboard and should be able to give this runner a better go of it.
Race 9: OC $15k 7f (AW)
- Best Value: #1 Entry to Heave (20-1) With this wide open race, I like the price we’ll get with this runner. Continues to get drawn wide out in the parking lot. The figure earned last out fits this bunch, especially when we think the ability figure should be upgraded a few points. With the slow pace projected, this one might be able to get up near the lead and work out a good trip.
- Most Logical: #10 Executive Search (7/2) The only runner with sustained early speed and some finish. With the long back stretch at the 7f configuration, this one will have plenty of time to work out track position and find a cozy spot 2w up near the lead.
Race 10: Clm $5k N2L 7f (AW)
- Best Value: #6 Lower for Longer (10-1) Nice drop in class for this runner who has an ability to be forwardly placed. Without too much inside speed, this horse could find himself in a nice stalking trip near the lead.
- Most Logical: #8 If Six Was Nice (5/2) No surprise here with the ML favorite being my logical. But has the best overall body of speed figures and gets a bit of a cut back. Wish this one had a bit earlier speed in those route races prior, but we’ll assume this field is weak enough that that won’t be a problem.
- Next Best: #2 Alternative View (12-1) Another class dropper who could utilize the inside draw and be forwardly placed. Jockey change over to Emma Jayne is a good sign.
Race 11: MC $5k 7f (AW)
- Most Logical: #10 Hoping for a Ring (9/2) Drop in class and earned a decent figure with the poor start and faced some adversity. McKnight is fairly strong with 2nd time starters firing at 21%. Jockey upgrade so we’ll expect better things. Was well bet on debut, adding points to this runner.
- Best Value: #1 Treasure Quest (20-1) First time Lasix runner. Had a few bad trips in the last two outings going wide. No reason this runner can step forward in figures with a bit better of trip. The inside draw helps things.
- Next Best: #2 Relentless Ruby (3-1) Another runner with some poor breaks in the last two outings. Should be in the mix late and has an ability to pass horses .