Race 7: Nigara $100k Stakes 9f (T, outer one turn)
- Most Logical: #6 Admiralty Pier (9/2 & bet bet 1.0 unit) Fits perfectly here with limited pace signed on and the one turn configuration. Last out looked to be collecting a pay check as the stretch drive looked like a workout, restrained and professional.
- Best Value: #9 Theregoesjojo (9/2) Tried chasing down the leader in last event and did so fairly well. Likes these longer configurations and last race could have just been a stepping stone.
Race 8: MOC 6f (AW)
- Most Logical: #1 Colton’s Dream (3-1 & bet 2.0 unit) Best speed on paper here and gets the right distance. 7f was too long two back and last out was a bit too sharp.
- Best Value: #3 Best and Final (8-1) Jockey upgrade and a change in distance might help this one. Sharp workout in May signals this one has potential.
- Bad Fav: #8 Canola World (2-1) Is going to be forced to establish position early over our top choice and make another move around the turn to pass #1 Colton’s Dream, who will have an easy go of it.
Race 9: Mdn 8.5f (T, outer one turn)
- Most Logical: #5 Who Says (6-1 & bet 1.0 unit) Tried chasing down BallymoreStar after a rough break. Ended up finishing down the lane very well. Today gets the second start and should be a bit sharper.
Race 10: OC $15k 8.5f (AW)
No real opinion here
- Most Logical: #3 Miracle Silver (7/2 & bet 0.5 unit) Drops a bit in class and chased the speeds last out. Overall figures lacking in past few starts, so can this one reverse form?
Race 11: MOC 7f (T)
- Top Choice: #12 English Shirl (10-1 & bet 1.0 unit) Interesting runner with the blinkers coming off and tended way too hot of a pace last out. Should be able to get near the lead and have clear sailing.
- Next Best: #6 Careless Heiress (20-1 & bet 0.5 unit) Caught in a bit of a weird race last out with a bomb passing this one late in the stretch. Two back tended too hot of a pace. Today should get a cozier trip.