Race 1: OC $40k 5.5f (AW)
- Spot Play: #1 Souper River (3-1) Impressive run in the sophomore start. Made two aggressive moves in that winning effort to get the job done. At the sharp distance of 5.5f, this horse has enough speed to sit comfortably and let the jockey decide when to make the move.
Race 7: OC $40k 8.5f (AW) – spread a bit where you find ’em
- A/Best Value: #7 Muskoka Giant (8-1) Is an interesting runner in this spot being 1 for 15. Casse is trying something new with this $350k purchase by outfitting blinkers. This should help what I see to be the glaring issue with this runner as well. Can’t seem to get going early in races. Blinkers hope to bring that early speed into the equation.
- A/Most Logical: #9 Green Fleet (3-1) Could just run these off the feet early and when they turn for home. The ol’ 2nd off the bench angle as well. Trainer is firing well, too!
Race 8: Greenwood 7f (T) – spread a bit where you find ’em
A case could be made for any runner here. Trying to find value.
- A/Best Value: #1 Red River Rebel (15-1) Figures fit and had a heck of a trip note last out.
- A/Next Best: #5 County Final (3-1) Could really be anything after facing some of the impressive 3 year olds south of the boarder. Big purchase is gelded for West Point who doesn’t likely want to give up breeding rights. Hoping for pay checks north of boarder in my opinion.
Race 9: Alw 8.5f (AW)
- A+/Most Logical #1 Doulder Grand (9/5) That run was amazing last out and think the light bulb went off.
- A/Best Value: #8 Finalist (15-1) Figures fit, third off, and had a bit of a trip last out. Don’t overlook this long ball here. Pace sets up perfect.
- Trip Note: 7/25 VERY oddly ridden down the lane, stalking the pace as they tip for home, eventual winner blows by and this jockey is just wrapped up on the horse at the top of the stretch. Ran on well across the wire and there’s still much more.
Race 10: MOC $40k 6f (AW) – Cold single here.
- A/Most Logical: #5 Ride the Wind (5/2) Trip note last out and should be better second off.
- Trip Note 7/18: had decent early position then shuffled back to 4L back, on hold stuck in traffic, leader had clear running and kept on lead across wire, this one ran good through the lane and should only be better 2nd off long layoff