Race 7: MOC $40k 6f (AW)
- Most Logical: #9 Boxer Brief (2-1) I think this one will be loose without any pressure. Best figures, improving type, comes out of race last out that has produced decent Beyers.
- Best Value: #6 Star Scholar (8-1) Has a good story to tell that sets up for a win today. After the layoff went way too fast early, two back faced too tough a bunch, last out doesn’t want the 7f and was pushed wide entire way. Today gets a very light bunch and the 6f distance this one wants.
Race 8: King Edward 8f (T, outer one turn)
As for the logicals in this race, I don’t expect either March nor Jolie to get the best trip or pace setup. Wouldn’t fault anyone for including.
- Best Value: #1 Town Cruise (10-1) All comes down to pace in this race as the main contenders are stalk and pounce types. This horse continues to prove these mid-90 beyers are legit and this 6 year old has hit a new gear. Send and go.
- Next Best: #4 Avie’s Flatter (6-1) Will be part of the first responders in this bunch, stalking just behind Town Cruise. Last out closed against the slow pace to get the victory. With a little added distance and neutral pace, might be able to get the job done.
- Most Logical: #3 March to the Arch (2-1) Absolute setup last out but was just much the best. This might be the same today but the horse has never strung together 2 wins in recent memory, so we’ll use cautiously and not pressing.
Race 9: OC $40k 8.5f (AW)
- Most Logical: #4 Miss Speedy (6/5) It’s not only the impressive win to overcome some adversity but also the two sharp drills coming right out of that winning race. Barber and Casse look to have a monster on their hands.
- Best Value: #3 Hatmaker Holiday (15-1) Needs to step forward in terms of Beyer figures but Josie Carroll is 23% moving from sprint to routes, so maybe she can work some magic at what will be a massive price.
Race 10: Clm $10k 7f (T, outer)
- Most Logical: #12 Sacred Oath (2-1) Not super creative here as this runner is the best speed, gets a bit of a cut back going down to 7f, the wide draw will ensure this one doesn’t get struck in traffic.
- Best Value: #6 The Newfie Express (8-1) With all the speed in here, this one will get a perfect stalking setup. Last out tried closing into neutral fracitons,
- Longshot: #8 Torah’s Blessing (20-1) Last out showed some nice grit going two turns: in tight while tending the neutral pace, ran on well enough down the lane. Today could project to be stalking and have first jump on all the speed horses as they turn for home.